Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Another Step

It's often very apparent what we need to do, yet we resist, thinking, "I'll start tomorrow" or "things aren't really that bad." I've known for a very long time that I needed to get my body healthy and that my poor diet and lack of exercise needed to change. I'm chronically under-hydrated and never get enough sleep too, so basically everything needs a fixin'. What really put me over the edge is the discovery of painful varicose veins in my legs, which I have read can be helped by exercise. Well, FINE then!

I finally got up the courage to try a yoga class today after a full year of good intentions and it was...wonderful. I left feeling so at peace and empowered. I'm really excited for my next class! This past year I have worked hard on getting my mind and emotions to a healing place and now it is time for my body to follow suit.

For the first time since I lost Haven, I have felt this week that I am really going to be okay no matter what happens. I'm letting go of my "control" over the situation and stepping back to let what is going to happen, happen. I have to be honest, of course, and say that I slip up alllllll of the time and fall right back into my old mindsets, but it's a journey, not a destination. :)


No comments: