Friday, October 31, 2014

Week 6: We Meet the Blob-sac

What an exhausting week. I had truly forgotten just how much early pregnancy sucks the energy out of you. It's very different from late pregnancy, where your physical exhaustion has a lot more to do with being gigantic and uncomfortable, not sleeping, and having 50% more blood pumping through your body. It's also different than regular exhaustion. I know that for sure, as I spent 4 months straight with insomnia this winter and I am telling you that even chronic insomnia has nothing on early pregnancy. Unless you have both, which is happening to me this week. P-R-E-G-O-Z-O-M-B-I-E.

I was really excited when the doc ordered an early dating ultrasound until the ultrasound tech kept saying, "it's really too early, I don't know why they sent you this early, I can't really get a good look at it." She dated us at 6 weeks, 3 days just after saying she couldn't see well enough. I had placed myself more at 7 weeks, 5 days based on knowledge of my dates. I could be off by 3-4 days at most, but I really doubt I am off by almost a week and a half. Anyway, I digress. I am keeping my original due date until otherwise notified that I am wrong down the road. *Hiss*

We were really nervous going into in the appointment. The last time we'd had an ultrasound was on what I call The Worst Day (for obvious reasons) and the thought of looking at another ultrasound screen made me sick to the stomach. Danny was nervous too - he told me after that when the tech asked me to hold my breath, he was holding his too.

We ended up getting an okay look, saw a very healthy heart rate of 155bpm, and got this screenshot of our little raspberry (that is how big baby is right now). When I sent this photo to my sister-in-law, I said, "the baby is the little blob in the dark sac" and she called it the "Blob-sac." I swear we'll come up with a better nickname...


With that, I (and Baby Blob-sac) are signing out.


No comments: