The Early Symptoms:
- Head to toe pimples (well, head to ankle, to be precise. Ewwww).
- Ovarian pain and severe cramping around implantation.
- Slightly tender breasts (but not the howling pain of last time).
- Fatigue (this took longer to hit last time).
- Dizziness. This one is totally new to me - I've had it since 4 weeks!
- A "full" feeling in my uterus at 4 weeks. I thought, "hmm, this feels familiar!" It was the first time I really thought I might be pregnant.
- Last, but certainly not least, constipation (and its awful minion, THE SUPER BLOAT).
What is Missing:
- Morning sickness. I have had only the most minor nausea from time to time due to the hormones slowing down my digestive tract. But no morning sickness! This happened almost immediately last time.
- Morning Sickness's buddy, Super Smell. It is heightened, for sure, but nowhere near what it was last time!
- Extreme hunger. I haven't been any more hungry than usual. Last time, I was like a Hobbit with my "elevensies."
Some of the ladies on my message boards call a bloat-bump a "blump" and it always strikes me as funny. I definitely have a "blump"! So much so that, when I told a close friend I was expecting, she said, "I thought you might be, because I noticed your little bump the other day." I was only around 7 weeks at the time, though I have been this big since about 4 weeks.
|My pants already don't fit and I am actually having a skinny day here. |
Last time I was 12 weeks before this happened!
My affectionate name for myself right now is The Whale-rus. As for the little one, we can't decide on a nickname. So far, we have tried and ruled out the following (I love bullet points, can you tell?)
- Snowpea (this one might grow on us).
We'll eventually get there. It's kind of hard to follow after a great prenatal nickname like "Shrimpy"!